The term “personal information” generally means any opinion or information that identifies or can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
- Info collection
- If you are visiting our website and choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to develop a personal profile of you. This may affect our ability to understand your needs and provide you with the most appropriate services.
- We do, through the use of Google Analytics, Facebook advertising, cookies and similar tools, identify the location from which you access our website and your search preferences, which we use for traffic analytical data purposes and to pursue our legitimate interest in improving our website and for providing a more relevant service to you.
- In some parts of our website, you are invited to submit your personal details (e.g. when taking part in surveys, registering warranties for products/services purchased, registering for any of our promotions, subscribing to our online catalogues, newsletters, etc). You provide such personal information to us voluntarily and we will use such personal information which you provide us for the purposes it was collected and in accordance with the Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
- Info storage and use
- We take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information.
- All personal information you provide us or which we collect from you is protected on secure servers.
- We do not sell, rent or lease any of your personal information to any third party.
- We use your personal information for our legitimate interests in providing our services to you, facilitating payments for our services, monitoring our service standards as well as customer needs and satisfaction, to otherwise engage with you and respond to any enquiry or complaint made by you, or to develop and market our business and that of our associated entities, only to the extent that such legitimate interests are not outweighed by the need to protect your privacy.
- Except as mentioned above in relation to our use of Google Analytics, Facebook plug-ins and similar service providers which we use to pursue our legitimate interests (and who may use and store your data inside or outside Australia and New Zealand), we do not provide your personal information which you provide us or we collect, to any third party (whether inside Australia and New Zealand or outside Australia and New Zealand) without your consent.
- Where we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
- If you have subscribed to our database you are agreeing to receive special promotional offers, competitions, tips and advice via e-newsletter and sms, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the New Zealand Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
- In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications, and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Consumer information options
- You may, at any time, ask us to provide you with any personal information which we hold about you and, unless there is a lawful reason for us to withhold such information, we will provide you with such information within a reasonable period after your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
- You may, at any time, object to our use of your personal information (e.g. you may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time, be removed from any direct marketing received, etc.) and we shall take the necessary action in accordance with the relevant privacy laws.
Contact information and complaints
- If you have any queries or complaints regarding our handling or use of your personal information, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Unit 1, 16 Pioneer Ave, Tuggerah, NSW, 2259.
For New Zealand:
email@example.com or Unit 2D, 89 Ellice Road, Wairau Valley, Auckland, 0629.
- We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will investigate your complaint and will advise you of the outcome of our investigations in writing.
- If you are not satisfied with our response or wish to make a direct complaint to the regulator, you may contact the applicable Privacy Commissioner:
For Australia at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
1300 363 992
For New Zealand at:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
0800 803 909